Lưu Hiểu Ba(Li XaoBo) đã ra đi !!
Liu Xiaobo died on July 13 at a hospital in Shenyang, age 61
Liu Xiaobo 刘晓波 (December 28, 1955–July 13, 2017) was a literary critic, essayist, activist, and dissident who was sentenced to 11 years in prison on charges of subversion in 2009. Liu is the third person to have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize while detained by his government, and the second to die in detention, after the German pacifist Carl von Ossietzky, who was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1935 and died in a Nazi concentration camp in 1938.
- Liu Xiaobo, December 28, 1955-July 13, 2017 / China Digital Times
- Liu Xiaobo: The man China couldn’t erase / BBC
- Liu Xiaobo’s fate reflects fading pressure on China over human rights / NYT (paywall)
- Liu Xiaobo, Nobel laureate and political prisoner, dies at 61 in Chinese custody / Guardian
- Political prisoner, Nobel laureate Liu Xiaobo dies at age 61 / AP
Articles about Liu, and his own work:
- ‘I Have No Enemies: My Final Statement’ — Liu Xiaobo’s Nobel Lecture / TheNewsLens
- Charter 08 English translation / New York Review of Books
- Liu Xiaobo’s three refusals: No enemies, no hatred, no lies / ChinaFile
- Timeline of Liu’s life / Quartz